Issuing invoices is one of the core components of Verpura. Almost every company has to do this; therefore it is important that invoices can be issued easily. Companies are very different and also inside one company there might be different kinds of invoices. Resulting from this fact, Verpura offers you a wide variety of possibilities to issue invoices. The basic idea is that we try to offer the possibility to issue invoices for already generated documents (Offer, Deliveryorders, Projects, Orders etc. ). Of course you can also generate credits or dunnings for an invoice.
The sales process can be visualized by the CRM-Pyramid.
Create an invoice
Verpura offers you different possibilities to create invoices:
Figure: Different possibilties to get an invoice
- From a purchase Verpura can create a delivery order. From this delivery order you can create an invoice (line 5).
- You can as well generate an offer from the purchase. From this offer you can then create an invoice (line 8). You can also create a project from this offer (line 10). From this project you can then create an invoice (line 9).
- You can directly issue an invoice for a purchase. For this you can delete or add individual positions.
- You can also issue an invoice directly for a customer.
- From a delivery order you can directly issue an invoice. For this you can delete or add individual positions.
- You can also create an anonymous invoice. It will be paid directly after creation, so this possibility is perfect for walk-in customers.
- From an offer you can create a delivery order. From this delivery order you can then issue an invoice (line 5). You can also directly create an invoice from the offer (line 8). Or you can create a project from the offer (line 9 and 10) and an invoice for the project then.
- You can directly create an invoice from an offer. For this you can delete or add individual positions.
- You can issue an invoice for a project. Of course it is also possible to issue several invoices for one project. You will see which positions have already been invoiced.
- You can create a project from an offer. This is especially useful when you want to create several invoices for one offer or when the real amount of work and materials should be invoiced.
Generating an invoice means that the invoice is created automatically. You can of course adjust the invoice, add or remove positions part lists, products, services or timebookings define prices and discounts, etc. before finally creating the invoice.
You can view and manage your invoices in the menu [Invoices].
Figure: Overview of all invoices
Manage your invoices online in Verpura. Verpura distinguishes between 3 basic types of invoices: Invoices from projects or offers, invoices for customers and cash sale invoices. The invoice module offers you a lot of possibilities: You can create invoices, collective invoices and invoices for offers. You can sort your offers by status (open, canceled, incomplete, etc.) and you have the possibility to generate recurring invoices.
You have different possibilities to manage the payment conditions like the due date of invoices, discounts or allowances.
The most general payment conditions can be managed in the menu [General] – [Properties] in the fieldset „Payment modalities“:
Additionally you can define special payment conditions for every contact. To do this open the slidebox „payment conditions“ in the menu [Contacts] – [Overview].
In this slidebox you can also define that this contact gets a discount on a specific product category.
Verpura takes the payment conditions you set in the properties as default payment conditions for new contacts.
You have the possibility to define the discount on the total sum of an offer at the bottom of the page in the fieldset “sums”:
Additionally you can define a discount for every offer line:
Do not forget to save your changes with the save button on the right side.
You can adjust the payment conditions for every project. Click on a project in the menu [Projects] – [Overview] and enter them in the fieldset „Payment conditions“:
Verpura takes the payment conditions you set for the contact as default payment conditions for new projects. These paymentconditions apply to the total sum of all invoices created for this project.
You have the possibility to enter a fixed discount or a discount in percent. Do not forget to save your changes with the save button on the right side.
When you create an invoice (LINK) you have the possibility to ultimately adjust the payment conditions. You can do this in the fieldset “limitations”:
The default payment conditions are taken from the project settings when you create an invoice from a project, from the contact settings when you create an customer invoice and from the properties when you create an invoice for a cashsale.
Tipps: Almost all tables in Verpura can be searched using search box. Note that also part terms will be found in Verpura, it means that when you have the term “Mustermann” in a row in the table and it will be found through the search keyword “Muster”, “mann” or “usterma”.
Figure: Extended search
By clicking on “Extended search” you can limit Verpura only to search specific columns of the table in the opening box. You only need to select the columns. And using the Control-Key(Ctrl), a multiple selection is possible.
You can also sort the table by clicking one of the column headers. By first click the column will be sorted in ascending and with a second click it will be in descending.
Figure: Column headers
At the end of the table, you also have the option to export the contents of the table as CVS, Excel, XML or PDF.You can export the data from a table in Verpura and then import into other programs or edit it in Excel, etc.
Figure: Export data
Cash sale invoices
In the menu [Invoices] – [Cash Sale] you have the possibility to create invoices for anonymous cash sale customers, this is perfect for issuing invoices for walk-in customers.
Figure: Cash sale
For products you have 2 additional buttons:
• Add as give-away by dealer: This allows you to define promotions like 5 + 1 for free that are granted by you. You book 5 products normally and 1 product as a free gift.
• Add as give-away by manufacturer: You can book promotions granted by your suppliers with this option. In contrast to give-away by the dealer (you), you will also only pay 5 of the 6 products in case of an 5 + 1 free-promotion to your supplier.
When you added all products and services click on the button [Generate Invoice].
If you want to create an invoice for one of your existing contacts without creating a project etc., go to the menu [Invoices] – [Customer Invoice].
Then select the receiver of the invoice.
Figure: Select invoice recipient
All other steps are equal to the cash sale invoice.
To create an invoice for the products, services and timebookings booked on a project you have to click on the button “Generate invoice” in the menu [Invoices] – [Overview]. Choose the time interval and click on the button “Show report”. Alternately you can reach the report by clicking the button “Generate invoice” in the project.
Figure: Select time period and project
Verpura then shows you a report of all bookings in that time interval.
Figure: Overview of all bookings of the selected project in this period Zeitraum
Select the bookings that you want to have on the invoice and click on the button „Generate invoice“. Then continue with the step „Complete invoice“.
Invoice from an offer
You have 3 possibilities to generate an invoice from an offer:
- If you want to further edit the bookings on the offer it is most useful to generate a project from the offer. Then continue like with „project invoices“.
- If you need a delivery order for the offer, then you can directly generate a delivery order from the project an create an invoice for it. Continue with „invoice from a delivery order“.
- You can directly generate an invoice from the offer by clicking the button „Generate invoice from offer“ in the offer.
Invoice from a delivery order
To create an invoice from a delivery order click on the button „Create invoice“ in the delivery order.
Invoice from an incoming purchase
For incoming purchase you also have 3 possibilities to create an invoice:
- Generate an offer from the incoming purchase and continue with „invoice from an offer“
- Generate a delivery order from the incoming purchase and continue with „invoice from a delivery order“
- Or click the button „Create invoice“ in the incoming purchase to directly create an invoice.
The following diagram shows which modules of Verpura change the stock of products. In Verpura the stock of each storehouse is handled separately. As the stock of each product and storehouse is counted, the storehouse is the center of the diagram. If your company does not have different storehouses you can work with one central storehouse.
- The stock of your products is reduced when you create a project from an offer and select the product to be taken over to the project:
- Products are also taken from the storehouse when you create an invoice from an offer. If you cancel an invoice the products are returned to the storehouse.
- The amount of products in your storehouse will also be reduced when you book a product on a project:
- Outgoing purchases can be used to order products from your suppliers and automatically manage the stocks for purchased products. These products are added to your storehouse when you change the status of an outgoing purchase to „finished“.
- Products are taken from the storehouse when you set the status of an incoming purchase to “finished”.
- You can adjust the stock of your products in the product management module of verpura in the fieldset „Add or modify storehouse level“:
- If you make a cash sale or a customer invoice the products are also taken from your storehouse. If you cancel the invoice the products are returned to the storehouse.
- The stock of the products on a delivery order will be reduced when you set the status to „delivered”.
After creating the invoice Verpura shows you the mask to complete the invoice:
Figure: Complete an invoice
Check the data in the mask and click on „Save invoice“.
Here you also have the possibility to enter texts for header and footer of the invoice. These texts will be printed before and after the bookings of the invoice and can contain e.g. additional explanations, greetings, etc. You can predefine often used texts by clicking on “Textblocks” in the menu [Start] – [Preferences].
Afterwards choose the text in the select box and click the green button aside to insert the text at the end of current textblock. You can then change and edit the text.
Figure: Editing a textblock
In some cases the invoice address and the delivery address for one of your customers can be different. In this case you can define several delivery-addresses for every contact to be printed on the invoice. The invoice address will always be the main address of the contact.
Click on „Save invoice“ then.
Verpura now generates an invoice draft. You can view a preview of the invoice, edit the invoice details one more time and even delete the invoice draft in this step.
Figure: Edit temporary invoice
Assign an invoice number
When you have checked all details, click on the button „Assign invoice number“. Please note that you are NOT ABLE TO CHANGE the invoice anymore after assigning an invoice number.
You can the print or download the invoice by clicking on the button „Invoice (PDF)“ or alternately in the menu [Files] – [Company-wide Filemanagement] in the folder „invoices“.
Figure: Edit original invoice
Here an example how an invoice could look as an PDF file. Designs can be changed on request!
Figure: Invoice as PDF file
• Incomplete: Incomplete invoices miss some information – Click on the invoice and continue with „Complete Invoice“
• Open: Open invoices are complete but not paid yet. You can change the status of an open invoice to “customer sent” or directly to “paid” or “canceled”.
• Customer sent: This status is optional, you can use it as an intermediate step.
• Paid: When you set an invoice to paid it will be finished – a new entry for this invoice will be generated automatically in the accountings.
• Canceled: In case you have to cancel an invoice it will be displayed here.
When you have an Austrian „Bürgerkarte“ you can sign the XML-File of the invoice with this button. Note that an invoice sent by email is only valid in Austria if it is digitally signed.
Figure: Create document signing
When you have to issue an invoice periodically, you can do this with the button „Create recurring invoice“.
Figure: Create recurring invoice
Just enter the startdate and the period and click on the button. This invoice for example will be created every 14 days beginning from the September, 1st.
From invoices, that are not for cash sale, you can generate split invoices. In the invoice detail view there is a buttton "Create Split invoice". Here you can enter a total or a percentage value and finish the split invoice.
Figure: Create a Split invoice
As extension to Verpura you can use the interfacesolution from the company Sermocore. Sermocore offers the possibility to transmit all accountings (invoices, offers, orders, and so on) to a corporate client in a digital form. This client can use this data and import it automatically into his programm. The fileformat of the accounting can also be changed - exactly to this format, that your partner company supports. This feature is an extension of vERPura - Contact us for adding this module to your user.